Lisa Sayers is an ACSM certified exercise physiologist/personal trainer, corrective holistic exercise kinesiologist and pilates instructor specialising in post-rehabilitation from back pain, injury, disease and surgery. Other specialisms include strength training, pre and post-natal, children and seniors fitness where Lisa is able to offer bespoke one to one or small group personal training services. She strongly believes that controlled, targeted physical movement has the potential to transform many conditions but the starting place is with you and since you have come as far as looking for a personal trainer, I am sure that you have some goals in mind. My approach is to discuss these goals at the outset so that whatever follows can help address your specific needs and goals in a targeted way.
The next step is to map your goals against your existing physical condition and needs. To do this I will carry out a comprehensive examination to assess:
- Body composition-skinfold and girth measurements to find out how much body fat/lean muscle mass you carry (if you have weight loss goals)
- Postural alignment
- Core function and stability
- Muscular strength and endurance
- Kinetic chain function analysis (seeing how your body moves as a whole) and identifying dysfunction and pain syndromes
- Full medical, diet and lifestyle history
- Heart fitness assessment via a graded exercise test
- Baselines photographs/videos (to help monitor improvements)
- Health risk assessment and any possible referral to any health care professional required
Using the information obtained from the assessment we can together set out goals which may require any of the following:
- Corrective exercise
- Muscular balancing
- Core stabilisation training
- Corrective flexibility
- Kinetic chain rebalancing (retraining your body to move well)
- Fundamentals of strength training
- Functional strength training e.g. dumbbell, cable, resistance band or body weight exercises
- Power, speed, agility, and balance training
- Endurance training – this could include spinning, running, rowing, elliptical etc.
- Dietary and lifestyle modification.
If you have a particular health problem or goal then please click on the links below for the following options:
please click on the links for the following options: